Monday, July 6, 2009

6 Juillet 2009

Hi everyone!


Here is my first blog, let's see how it goes...
Today was a LONG day, I woke up early at went to class at the Instituit Catholique, right down the street from my dorm. After class I went to the Boulangerie with Jocelyn and we got "pizza" french style. It was ok, but I'll be honest, I miss American food!

We had a group tour of the Saint Chappelle church. It was so beautiful, too hard to describe. I took some pictures, but film doesn't do it justice. After, we walked across the river and saw Notre Dame. There was a really long line to get inside, but while in Paris... The cathedral was amazing, although I did forget to take pictures in the garden, so I am planning to go back another day.
Saint Chappelle Church


Eddie, Ashley, me, Jocelyn, and Ryan in front of Notre Dame


Jocelyn and I walked along the Seine to shop from the vendors. I bought some really pretty Mucha art prints and a few touristy presents for friends:) We walked for almost 2 hours non-stop and I was wearing the worst shoes-so uncomfortable. My feet are covered in blisters and I feel like I got a full-body workout. Our brilliant plan was to walk from Notre Dame to the Eiffel Tower (much farther than I though, mind you) and then take the elevator to the top level and take pictures while watching the sunset. However, by the time we got near, we were so hungry and tired that we stopped for dinner first.

Dinner was yummy. Salad and a cheese plate with LOTS of bread. There really is something different about the bread here, so much better. Since our feet were dying, we sat in the cafe for about an hour and a half. Finally-we walked to the Eiffel Tower and guess what? Brilliant plan=not so brilliant after all; the top level of the Eiffel Tower was closed! :( Oh well. We got Nutella crepes and came home.

I am having a great time here and miss everyone back home! Wish you were all here to enjoy this with me!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates on the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We think of your fun, your experiences that most people only DREAM of - you are sooooooo sweet and I am so happy that your trip is going so well.

    Play safe and have fun - and eat some crepes for me. Ask your dad about our "Crepe Nights" with Grandpa.

    I think it was your dad you made them, but we sure at about 10 each!! They were so good.

    The rumsey's are practically addicted to crepes. I don't know if trev or lexy make them, but with appetites like Corbin and Casey - LOOK OUT. Kai told me they beg for them and it one of their favorite dinners.

    Lucky you. I love you so much sweetie. So very much I can barely put it into words with crying.

    Please come home to us safely. You are so precious!

    Heath - TABA

    ReplyDelete