Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Bastille Day!!

Bonjour!

GREAT news, I'm going to extend my trip for two more weeks and travel to the south of France and Italy! I'm so excited! Thank you Grandma for all her hard work making this possible, Grandpa for his frequent flyer miles, and Dad and Shelly for letting me stay and paying... :) I can't wait to explore!


Ok, so Bastille day here is pretty crazy. We went out the night before to go to the firehouse dances-tradition here is that firehouses all over town close down and host dances, but we waited in line for over an hour and were still about 4 blocks away, so we ended up going home. It was still a really fun night though because everyone got dressed up, which I love.

There was a parade on the Champs Elysees yesterday morning, but I won't lie, I slept in and enjoyed some much-needed sleep. I did go to the firework show at the Eiffel Tower last night though. There were literally millions of people there! The firework show was definitely the best I've ever seen. They were setting them off directly off the Tower. I couldn't believe it. See for yourself....


Does it get much better than this?
Why don't we have fireworks like this for the 4th of July?



Look at the crowds!!!



Jocelyn and I: Pre-Bastille Day


No comments:

Post a Comment