Thursday, July 30, 2009

Bordeaux

BOnjour!
Sorry I haven't written in a while, my Internet wasn't working for a few days. My last few days in Paris were really fun, I spent all my time with my friends eating crepes and seeing all the last-minute sights. My very last night we went to the top of the Eiffel Tower-it was so gorgeous. On our way back to the dorms, we met four VERY cute guards and took pictures. I fell in love immediately.

Next I took a train to Bordeaux where I met up with Marcel and his wife Nathalie. They were So wonderful and welcoming to me. I wish I could have stayed longer. My first day, Nathalie packed a picnic lunch and we drove to the beach. TOPLESS women everywhere and all the guys wear speedos; something to get used to. The beach was wonderful, nice weather, and we had a really yummy picnic of "salad" (tuna, rice, tomatoes, pickles eggs) and bread. I'm told this is a very french thing to do-pack your picnic and eat at the beach. Isn't it an American thing too?

The second day, Nathalie's daughter Ann-Laure and her boyfriend David took me to downtown Bordeaux. We walked everywhere and I took pictures of everything, being the good tourist that I am. We bought sandwiches and ate on a park bench (also very french). For dinner, Marcel made a special vegetarian couscous just for me, it was so good!

My third and last day in Bordeaux, Marcel took me to St. Emillion. It's a very small but VERY beautiful wine town about an hour outside of Bordeaux. We walked all through the town and got lunch at a cute cafe, owned by Marcel's friend. I got a "Maillot de Legumes", a basket of vegetables with a creamy ranch-type sauce to dip. Marcel gave me his creme-brulee. YUM!

Later in the evening I went to their friend's house for aperitif, before dinner drinks and socializing. At 9pm Marcel drove me to the train station to catch my train to Nice...

I had such a great time staying with them and hope I can return as soon as possible!

Au Revoir! Soleil

No comments:

Post a Comment