Friday, July 31, 2009

Aix-en-Provence

Bonjour!

I made it to Aix-en-Provence. My train left Nice this morning at 8:37. I switched trains in Marseille and arrived in Aix at 12:30pm. I paid the minimum 7 euro for a taxi to my hotel, only to find out it was only three blocks away-oh well. You live and you learn.



It's really beautiful here. My hotel is situated on the perfect street with little shops and cafes everywhere. I walked around for a few hours taking pictures of everything. I went in search of the Cathedrale St-Sauveur, but couldn't find it. I'm going to go looking again soon. I also went to the Natural History Museum, they had an exhibit on dinosaurs.



I ate lunch at a cool "cafe" called Simple Food. It's all healthy sandwiches and salads. I got an egg-salad sandwich and a bowl of fruit. Delicious. Tomorrow there's a big outdoor market that I can't wait to see, hopefully I can find it; streets in France are so confusing, everything winding this way and that...

No comments:

Post a Comment